Friday, May 23, 2008

Adventures in Reading!

Catherine took some time to post captions after school one day about our reading adventure with Bubba. Read on to see what happened!
This is Bubba's cocoon after he hatched. If you look closely you can see juice from his wet wings.
No wonder why his name is Bubba! He's huge!
This is the class trying to figure out what kind of moth Bubba is.
He looks like a tarantula with wings!
He has feathers for antennas.

The class took Bubba it to the courtyard, so he could dry his wings out.

Who knew that moths had furry wings?
We think he's a Polyphemus moth!
Doesn't he look so much like a leaf?
Look how detailed Bubba's wings are.
WOW, look how big his abdomen is!
Look at how much Bubba blends in with his surroundings.
He's just so beautiful.
Here our class takes a picture with Bubba to help us remember our day!!!
The proud "parents" who brought Bubba to class... without telling Mrs. Perry! Boy was she surprised when Bubba made his debut.
Bubba is almost done drying out his wings!

I've never seen such a gigantic moth! It took Bubba over 3 hours to dry. During that time he didn't flap his wings at all. We don't know the exact time he left the courtyard.

12 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Catherine, Emily, Sabrina, and Sophie are Bubba's moms. Bubba is the huge moth's name.

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Iris said...

Bubba is amazing! I watched him come out of the box he was in and he is a monster moth! he should be remembered for ever in St. Leonard.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I think that Bubba is a Polyphemus moth. He is a very big moth!!! Boy,would I have love to see him in person. I just ADORE him so much. I love him just from seeing the photos!!!!

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

O.M.G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Sophie said...

I think that Bubba is a polyphemus moth. If you search for the polyphemus moth, you may see pictures the pictures look like him!!He is a HUGE moth!!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Louis said...

_I like when he hatch and how he was so big he was a great experince for the whole class .

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Louis said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Louis said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Louis said...

OMG!!!!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Louis said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Louis said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Sophie said...

This is Sophie's sister. Sophie has given me permission to post. Sophie is standing beside me and will type the user name and password for me without telling me them. I just wanted to say that when Spohie shopwed me the pictures of Bubba I was very suprised because its hard to believe a big moth like him was a catterpillar before. When Sopthie got off the bus and showed me the cage... the cage STANK!!!!!!!!
love Alyssa:]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home